Friday, July 19, 2013

Enjoying the warmth of summer

I have not posted since February....at that time I was looking forward to our holiday in Florida and an opportunity to rest and rejuvenate in the warmth of the sunny south. I ended up in the hospital in Florida instead of beside the pool and on the beach. Life looks different from a bed and incapacity. Thanks to insurance I was able to be taken care of in a great hospital, D.P. Philips Hospital in Orlando, be medivacced home in a jet and then spend a few days in an Ottawa hospital. It has been a long time recovering my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy. I am so grateful that my mom and dad were able to come and help from Vancouver Island. My mom cooked almost every meal for 3 weeks during our busy maple syrup season. During the 2 weekends that she was here we had more than 12 people in our house...busy times! I was always able to go into my room and shut the door for rest. It is only as I look back that I realize how ill I was.
"My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness." We had been discussing in our women's study group becoming a woman of grace. It always amazes me that the words/thoughts that I am led to meditate,consider and reflect on somehow are prophetic or relate directly to my future/current life experiences. So when I sought grace, I ended up with weakness. When I have sought patience I often encountered trials. When I want to learn more about love and forgiveness I encounter difficult people and situations. God's truths are meant to be experienced not only read.

It is very hot today. I went out to pick some peas and beans from the garden. Often the topic of conversation is the weather - too cold, too wet, too dry, too hot etc and we gravitate to complaints. Let us be thankful! I am thankful for the warmth. I could not enjoy heat and swimming in Florida, but I can go down to the river and find rest and peace here, now. The flowers are blooming. It amazes me to see the variety of flowers - daisies, clover, alfalfa, milkweed, lilies, roses, and many others (though I do not know their names) blooming profusely not only in gardens, but along the roadsides and streams and in meadows and fields. We bloom even when it seems no one appreciates our efforts, our stories, our lives.

Keep blooming today...you will attract others, your Father will enjoy your beauty. Fruit comes after the blossoms. As I picked the beans I saw many more blossoms on the plants. When the fruit is picked there is more energy to produce more fruit. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment