Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Reviews and a contest for a free book

Although I am an avid reader, it took a few months after my initial illness to return to reading. ( you can begin to realize how ill I was....) I was also committed to teaching 2 online courses for Queen's University - Teaching Reading Part One and Teaching Special Education Part One which consumed my mental capacities. After the courses were done we worked hard to completely move all of our belongings and thoroughly clean our family home as it was sold. This was where we raised our 5 sons so the rooms held many memories - echoes of stories told, conversations, homework, sibling arguments, games played, times with friends and major milestones. For my husband it was a letting go and goodbye to his labour of love. He designed, framed, and finished this home. We are so thankful to have a home here in Griffith where we can enjoy gardening, making maple syrup, hunting and most of all time with family and friends.

I have been reading and hope to post more regularly some book reviews/suggestions. A publisher graciously offered me a book to review and a copy to give away to one of you (see netgalley.com and worthy publishing). The review will be posted tomorrow so you need to contact me by Monday, July 21 and I will choose one of you to send the book to.

Tomorrow's book review: Daughter of Jerusalem by Joan Wolf (2013) Worthy Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment