Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow covers our tracks

Welcome to my world...a messy world with toys scattered across my living room, books piled on the tables, dishes in the sink, sons grown, grandsons exploring and a husband retired but busy... I hope to share ideas, reflections and encouragement as well as take the opportunity to start writing again.
This morning I was awakened early by my grandson whispering "eat"....as soon as his eyes opened. I do not usually wake up so hungry for food, for experiences or for company. I am often reluctant to embrace today. My husband included Josh as he created his signature whipped cream and blueberry waffles. I relaxed and listened to the chatting and singing of the two of them.
We went out to walk in the snow and cut firewood and I carried Josh to the path. He walks across snow unmarked by tracks making his own marks. I try to follow with difficulty but keep sinking to my knees. How do I keep up with an eager toddler?
 Soon the snow covers our tracks and our hair and our faces. Chain saws interrupt the quiet. Dead elms drop in the snow. Firewood is stacked on the trailer. Our explorer is wet and cold so we go back home for soup and Finding Nemo. Josh is intrigued. I reflect on the message of wandering and the hope that someone is seeking to bring me home.
We discuss this in our discussion group. The answers to our prayers are not like winning the lottery or putting coins in a vending machine, but we are promised deliverance from fears and God's peace. Can I walk across the snow without falling through? As I reflect on life through this blog I hope that I can make sense of some of my days and hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment